Your Breast Surgery
Mr Netri is renowned for his unrivalled skill in breast surgery in women and men to create the best look for our Inspire customers, enhancing their figure to the fullest, giving them the confidence they desire, helping them to be the best ‘me’ they can be.
At Inspire Cosmetic Surgeons, Mr Netri will be beside you throughout the whole patient journey, ensuring you’re in the best and safest hands and that you get the results you truly want and need.
If you are looking to rejuvenate your figure and make your breast look more youthful then a breast uplift (or mastopexy) maybe the right treatment for you.
It’s normal for our breasts to change as we go through life, everything from childbirth and breast-feeding to ageing and changes in weight can affect firmness and elasticity. Even our genes and the simple effect of gravity play their part.
Uplifts work by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support a new breast contour and the size of the areola can also be reduced.
You can also combine an uplift with a breast augmentation to increase fullness and volume at the same time, although an implant too big will cause breasts to drop again and defeat the objective.
A breast uplift can be achieved through different techniques and incision patterns which is why you need the advice of an expert surgeon like – Mr Netri.
He will explain all the different options and find the one that suits your needs and expectations.
Your treatment will be based on the size and shape of your breast, the size and position of your areola and nipples as well as skin quality, including elasticity and the amount of skin to be removed.
We will use a general anaesthetic so you will be unconscious throughout your procedure.
Depending on your consultation and assessment, Mr Netri will decide which of the following incisions to perform:
- A Periareolar Mastopexy – here the skin excess will be removed from the central part of the breast, leaving only a scar around the areola where the normal colour variation will help in disguising the final scar
- A Full Mastopexy – in this case the scar will be around the areola, vertically down to the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease (“anchor shape”). The breast tissue will be lifted and reshaped to improve contour and firmness, the nipple and areola are repositioned in a higher place (without removing the nipple from the breast) and the size of the areola will be reduced if necessary as well as the excess skin being removed
If you’re considering a breast uplift, then here’s our check list:
• You are over 18
• You are healthy and don’t smoke
• You weight is stable
• You feel your breasts are saggy (what we call ptosis). You have lost volume and
shape. For some candidates, their nipples are pointing downwards.
A breast uplift is surgery and there are always risks, however unlikely, involved in surgery.
That’s why Inspire Cosmetic Surgeons only use the best, and highly skilled surgeons such as
Mr Netri who has specialised in this field.
In the consultation process you will be guided through your decision for an uplift and then
it’s your decision to compare the risks, however unlikely, against your desires and dreams.
Every patient must sign a consent form and it’s our duty to tell you all about the risks and
any potential complications as well as the benefits.
Potential risks could include:
- Problems with the anaesthesia
- Seroma (fluid accumulation)
- Poor scarring
- Pain that can persist
- Loss of sensation in the breast or nipple
- Partial or total loss of areola and nipple
- Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Need for revision of surgery.
All these risks
Your breasts are as individual as you and the results of an uplift varies for every individual.
Firstly, it depends on your anatomy, for example the position of the breast on your chest,
your breasts’ symmetry (or not), breast gap and your skin type.
Secondly, there are lifestyle factors to consider, do you exercise, do you smoke, have you
had children or lost a lot of weight.
All these factors mean:
- If you’re having implants as well as a breast uplift, there is a limit to the size of implant that can be used, and cup size cannot be guaranteed. (It makes sense that too heavy implants will minimise or reverse the result of the uplift. They could also create tension and strain on the scar which increases the risk of poor healing and further scarring).
- There’s also a chance that if you previously had asymmetric breasts in terms of size, shape and nipple position, this could become more noticeable and your nipple positioning, facing outwards or inwards, will not change.
- Overtime your breast will continue to change due to ageing and gravity and how long the uplift lasts can’t really be predicted, that’s why it is important to keep your weight stable and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- If you’re considering future pregnancies this could affect the result of an uplift as could weight fluctuations
Remember when we take you through pictures during our consultation, these are used as a
guide to explain the kind of result that you want so Mr Netri understand your needs, but
the results can be significantly different from the images shown
Below are some ‘befores’ and ‘afters’ of Mr Netri’s work.
Your breast uplift consultation with Mr Netri and our practice nurse will make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
It will last approximately one hour and means you can clearly chat through why you are considering a breast uplift, what you’re expecting, any concerns you have and what you want the results to be.
Mr Netri will also speak to you about your family and your own medical history. He will also need your permission to contact your GP to get your medical records.
In some cases, a psychological assessment may be required as recommended by new guidelines for cosmetic surgery in the UK.
Mr Netri will then examine and measure your breasts and take note of size, shape, nipple position and skin quality.
Based on the physical examination it is then the time to discuss what your options are and what the results will be. Mr Netri will also explain in detail the operation, risks and possible associated complications.
For those having a breast augmentation as well, you choose your implants and Mr Netri will ask you to try different sizes so he can better understand which kind of result you want and you also have an idea of the result that it is possible to achieve. In some cases, pictures can be used to help in this decision.
Although we said an hour, you will have all the time that you need to ask questions and Mr Netri will do his best to answer these as clearly as possible.
You will be offered a second consultation to talk through the surgical plan again in detail and to ask any additional question that you might have forgotten during your first appointment.
We want to make sure this is the right decision for you, and we have a minimum 14 day cooling off period where you can change your mind. This is counted from your last consultation to the date of the procedure.
On average it costs between £6,500 to £7,5000 for a straight-forward breast uplift. The price varies depending upon facility and if you are having an augmentation as well, depending on the implant selected.
- Anaesthesia fees
- Hospital facility cost
- Cost of implant
- Surgeon fees
* Extra costs can be applied for preoperative tests, surgical bra, medication, breast band and revision of surgery but these will be discussed at your consultation.
BREAST UPLIFT GALLERY
gET IN TOUCH
INSPIRE COSMETIC SURGEONS
2 Stamford Park Road
Call: 0161 4647154
Monday - Thursday- 9:30am to 7:00pm
Friday- 9:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday - 9:30am to 5:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Opening times may change, if your appointment is outside of these times please contact the clinic for confirmation.