Your Breast Surgery
Mr Netri is renowned for his unrivalled skill in breast surgery in women and men to create the best look for our Inspire customers, enhancing their figure to the fullest, giving them the confidence they desire, helping them to be the best ‘me’ they can be.
At Inspire Cosmetic Surgeons, Mr Netri will be beside you throughout the whole patient journey, ensuring you’re in the best and safest hands and that you get the results you truly want and need.
As you’re probably aware, a breast augmentation uses either breast implants or fat to increase the size of your breasts. It is also a great way to restore breast volume after pregnancy or weight loss.
The aim of breast augmentation is to increase the fullness of your breasts and by doing so, improve the proportions and balance of your figure. We have also found it helps many of our patients get a new sense of self-confidence.
If you’re looking for a solution to drooping breasts, we recommend having a breast uplift as a breast augmentation alone won’t lift your breast.
We are frequently asked what happens during a breast augmentation. There are three key steps in the operation:
- We will use a general anaesthetic so you will be unconscious throughout
- There will be a surgical incision that will leave a small scar which Mr Netri’s skill ensures will be four to five centimetres long and hidden under your breast – (what we call the inframammary fold)
- We will put an implant behind your muscle (submuscular pocket), or in front of the muscle between the breast and the muscle (sub glandular pocket) or partially behind the muscle (dual plane pocket), depending on what is best for you and the shape and fullness you want which will be discussed at the time of your consultation with Mr Netri
If you are looking for a breast augmentation, then here’s our check list to see if you qualify:
- You are over 18
- You are healthy physically
- You have realistic expectations
- You are unhappy either with the size of your breasts, their lack of fulness or changes in shape and size because of a pregnancy, weight-loss or simply the effects of age
- You have asymmetrical breasts
Breast augmentation is surgery and there are always risks, however unlikely, involved in surgery. That’s why Inspire Cosmetic Surgeons only use the best, and highly skilled surgeons such as Mr Netri who has specialised in this field.
In the consultation process you will be guided through your decision for an augmentation and then it’s your decision to compare the risks, however unlikely, against your desires and dreams.
Every patient must sign a consent form and it’s our duty to tell you all about the risks and any potential complications as well as the benefits.
Potential risks could include:
- Problems with the anaesthesia
- Seroma (fluid accumulation)
- Poor scarring
- Faulty or wrong positioning of the implant
- Thickening of the scar around the implant which is known as capsular contracture
- Changes in sensitivity of nipples and breast
- Rippling (wrinkling of the skin over the implant)
- Pain that can persist
- Implant rupture or leakage
- Revision of surgery or future surgery to remove or change the implants that are not
guaranteed to last a lifetime, or to correct sagginess or change in shape that happens over time. All these risks and others will be fully discussed by Mr Netri before you sign the consent
Yes, is the simple answer. Your augmentation can be a day case surgery or an overnight stay which will depend on your circumstances.
We will give you clear instructions on how to care for your breasts, including your medication and when to follow-up with Mr Netri.
Dressings need to be clean and dry for a week after surgery and you will need to wear a sport or post-surgical bra for four weeks, both night and day. If your implants are sub muscular, a breast band needs to be worn for two weeks, again both night and day.
You’re also not allowed to exercise and should avoid any heavy lifting for six weeks after Surgery.
You can drive after one week and go back to work in a week or a fortnight at most, depending on whether you have a physically demanding job.
Your breasts are as individual as you and the results of augmentation varies for every individual.
Firstly, it depends on your anatomy, for example the position of the breast on your chest, your breasts’ symmetry (or not), breast gap and your skin type.
Secondly, there are lifestyle factors to consider, do you exercise, do you smoke, have you had children or lost a lot of weight.
All these factors mean:
- There is a limit to the size of implant that can be used in each patient and cup size can’t be guaranteed
- The same implant will give different results in size for different patients
- It’s possible that previous asymmetry of size, shape and nipple position can becomemore noticeable
- The position of where your nipples face (outwards or inwards) will not change
- Remember when we take you through pictures during our consultation, these are used as a guide to explain the kind of result that you want so Mr Netri understand your needs, but the results can be significantly different from the images shown
Below are some ‘befores’ and ‘afters’ of Mr Netri’s work.
We only use the best which is why Mr Netri offers the full range of Mentor or Motiva Silicone implants.
During your consultation Mr Netri will discuss type, shape, size and projection of the implants, to find the ones that best suit your needs and the results you want.
This is where we use liposuction to take fat from another part of your body and inject it into the breast – hence the term fat transfer augmentation.
It is a great option for women who only want a small increase in breast size and a very natural look or don’t want to use a breast implant.
For women, who have had breast implants before and want or need to have them removed, fat transfer augmentation is also a good option.
Your breast augmentation consultation with Mr Netri and our practice nurse is designed to make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
It will last approximately one hour and means you can clearly chat through why you are considering an augmentation, what you’re expecting, any concerns you have and what you want the results to be.
Mr Netri will also speak to you about your family and your own medical history. He will also need your permission to contact your GP to get your medical records.
In some cases, a psychological assessment may be required as recommended by new guidelines for cosmetic surgery in the UK.
Mr Netri will then examine and measure your breasts and take note of size, shape, nipple position and skin quality.
Based on the physical examination it is then the time to discuss what your options are and what the results will be. Mr Netri will also explain in detail the operation, risks and possible associated complications.
Then it’s time to choose your implants and Mr Netri will ask you to try different sizes so he can understand the kind of results you want and you can have an idea of what result it is possible to achieve. In some cases, pictures can be used to help in this decision.
Although we said an hour, you will have all the time that you need to ask questions and Mr Netri will do his best to answer these as clearly as possible.
You will be offered a second consultation to talk through the surgical plan again in detail and to ask any additional question that you might have forgotten during your first appointment.
We want to make sure this is the right decision for you, and we have a minimum 14 day cooling off period where you can change your
On average it costs between £4,500 to £5,500 for a straight-forward breast augmentation. The price varies depending upon facility and implant selected.
- Anaesthesia fees
- Hospital facility cost
- Cost of implant
- Surgeon fees
* Extra costs can be applied for preoperative tests, surgical bra, medication, breast band and revision of surgery but these will be discussed at your consultation.
BREAST AUGMENTATION GALLERY
gET IN TOUCH
INSPIRE COSMETIC SURGEONS
2b Stamford Park Road
Monday - Thursday- 9:30am to 7:00pm
Friday- 9:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday - 9:30am to 5:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Opening times may change, if your appointment is outside of these times please contact the clinic for confirmation.